If you live in a region such as the American Southwest then you are no stranger to dry, hot summers. And, while these temperatures may be appealing to those with health issues, if you are one who likes to have a green yard and the occasional splash of color form flowers, then it can be a bit of a struggle to achieve a yard that looks great no matter the weather is like.
Fortunately, thanks to synthetic grass, one does not have to make due with a grass-less yard. By having turf installed, you can have a lush, green, natural looking lawn – and better yet, it will not require mowing!
If you are tired of the brittle, brown lawn so often encountered in states such as Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada and other southwestern regions, and long for a gorgeous green landscape then the pros at Challenger have created the perfect, environmentally friendly solution. Our artificial turf is rated as one of the best in the industry and is used by home and business owners all across the Southwestern part of the U.S. In fact, one study shows that in California, artificial turf is being used by 20% of homeowners.
When you choose artificial turf for your yard, you are making the choice to have more time for leisure and lower the effect of chemicals on the environment. But, there are several other advantages to choosing synthetic turf.
· Because of the warm climate and minimal water, most traditional grasses will not grow as well as one would like.
· The limited water resources means that watering the lawn is frowned upon – artificial grass doesn’t need to be watered weekly. Rather, spraying down your turf for cleaning is the only time you will need to use water! Consider this: landscape irrigation in America accounts for 30% of all residential water use – that’s nearly 9 billion gallons of water daily!
· Our turf can be used with a xeriscape design so you can enjoy green grass, as well as the beauty of shrubbery and flowers.
· Artificial grass is low maintenance – no need for water, mowing, fertilizing, etc. which means more time for leisure such as golf, hiking, and other great activities. (Fact: The average homeowner spends 150 hours a year doing lawn maintenance. In addition, homeowners use up to 10 times more chemical pesticides per acre on their natural grass lawns than farmers use on crops.)
· Today’s artificial grass is completely child-friendly and pet safe. At Challenger, we have especially designed turf for playground areas, as well as synthetic turf created for pets.
· Artificial turf resembles natural grass in its, color, texture, and density.
· Many city councils are overriding Home Owners Association rules on synthetic turf placement. In fact, a number of cities – especially those in the American Southwest, are giving rebates to homeowners who opt for synthetic turf.
Artificial turf is a great and practical way to turn brown, high maintenance lawns into a delightful area. It requires minimal work and will look amazing for years to come. If you are looking for a way to add a new look to your southwestern yard, give us a call today. We will be happy to help you choose the best synthetic turf for your specific needs.